Saturday, January 11, 2014

My Relay for a Cure post 13

This week in class, we discussed more about how we are going to present our final 20 time project. It will be at least an 8 minute speech about a certain topic, and under that topic we will pull in examples from our year-long project (in my case, preparing for and participating in the Relay event). I think for my topic I will choose hard work, and how it leads to success. I feel like it is very present in my project, and in life in general. I spent a while thinking with no good ideas until I got this one, and I think that this is the one. I have had this song stuck in my head for the last 4 days, and the name of it is "Hard Work" by the Sun Harbour Chorus. It is the song in the new Gatorade commercial, and it is REALLY catchy. Here is a link to it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCPE-HdjAs0. It is hard to hear what the main guy is actually saying, but the "hard work, work" has been stuck in my head, and anyone on my basketball team will tell you the same.

In terms of the Relay event, I collected some more pop cans which I probably should return soon. Also, I got an email about the Relay Kickoff Event that is going to be happening soon. The email explained that it is going to be an informational event taking place in the end of February. Also, I added some old money from pop can returns and manual labor, so I'm up to $135.60!

We learned briefly about skin cancer in biology. Just because you have skin cancer doesn't mean that it is going to kill you, or is all that dangerous. It becomes an issue when it spreads to different parts of the body. After the originally mutated cell because mutated enough, it can tap into your body, get into your bloodstream, and cause cancer in other parts of your body. That is when it really gets dangerous.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Michael :) My name is Megan and I am a freshman at usjct. I am so excited to learn along with you. I am also an avid Relayer and cannot wait to compare our experiences. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! P.S. I've also done the cans for money - great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete