Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Relay for a Cure post 14

Having a week off of writing a blog post was nice because I could use that time to study for finals. Now, I have to get back to my project, which has really been stalled over the past week because of the week of finals. I am pretty locked in on the theme of my final project for 20 time being about success. Every now and then I will get an idea that I say to myself "Hey, I can use that in my project". Even if what I am doing has nothing to do with school, I find myself getting ideas that can relate to my final presentation. Especially when I am not really doing anything interesting, like riding in a car to somewhere familiar. All of a sudden, I get an idea and make sure to write it as a note in my phone until I can write it in my 20 time notebook.

In terms of the event, it is taking place in 111 days. When I was looking at event dates, I made sure to pick one in May so I will have completed my project and have a result to my goal before I give my final presentation in June. By the time my final presentation comes around, I will know how my journey concluded, and I won't have to give the presentation ending on a cliffhanger not knowing if my goal was achieved or not. As of right now, my progress does not look like I will achieve my goal, but I am still learning and will pick up the pace in this new year.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is incredible that you set such a high goal for yourself! It amazes me how dedicated you were to reaching it and I commend you, even if you don't reach that exact goal. You tried your hardest and I think that speaks volumes over doing nothing but reaching the goal. I am glad to see your excitement over the event and I am sure you will love it! I would love to hear more about your exact 20 times project and how relay for life and your theme come together. I am glad you write all of your new ideas down so you don't forget them, as I am often guilty of that! One last thing, and probably one of my favorite phrases in this blog, would be when you talked about Relay and said "how my journey concluded." I feel like the word journey really draws people in, and I know for myself it made me connect and think about my own personal journey. Thanks for sharing with me and great writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan! Thank you for your continued support of my project! It helps to get support for others, and to get feedback on how you think "journey" is a powerful word. I will remember that when I am preparing for my final presentation. Thanks again!

      Delete