Sunday, February 2, 2014

My Relay for a Cure post 15

At the end of the year, everyone is going to give a presentation around 8 minutes long about a theme and incorporate examples from their year-long 20 time project. That has been their since day 1. Recently, our class has been approved to have a TEDx event to showcase our presentations, which is AWESOME! Out of the three English classes doing 20 time, a select few will be able to present at one of the most prestigious events held around the world. Our event will be a TEDxYouth event, which is an independently organized TED event where the only presenters will be students from Grosse Pointe South High School. I spent some time this week learning more about TEDx and how it works

I have seen TED and TEDx videos before, but I never thought I would be a part in making (or even being) in one. TED is dedicated to spreading "ideas worth sharing" and the three letter name started as an acronym for technology, entertainment, and design. One specification for TEDx events is that they can only have up to 100 attendees. Mr. Provenzano has been talking about it to us in class on Fridays, and has told us that everyone that speaks in the even will get two tickets to give to family, friends, etc. Also, he has been bringing up ideas where we, his students, can help set up and run the event. All of his students can attend as "organizers" and not count against the 100 person attendance mark. Also, our event will have to be recorded and posted on the TED website, which is mind-blowing knowing that several of my classmates will have their final presentations posted on a global website. I am really looking forward to helping make this event happen, and experiencing a TEDx event firsthand.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really exciting opportunity! I love how you really went into detail to explain what a TED video is about and all of the details that come with a video because I had never really heard about one before this. I am sure you are scarce on information now but I would love to learn all about this TED video and will definitely be looking into them so I can fully understand what you are talking about. Thanks for teaching me something new and good luck with the continuation of your 20 time project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this sounds very exciting! This is a great opportunity for you, and I wish you the best of luck in your 20 time project!

    ReplyDelete