These past two weeks were influential in showing me the direction of where my project is going. First off, I realized that I probably won't be able to reach my goal of raising $2000 for my Relay. With 42 days left until the event, I have raised $845.60 which won't get me to my goal, but I am not disappointed with it. Going into the projects at the beginning of the year, we were told failing is an option and that it is not necessary to reach our goals. A large part of what I have been doing recently is recruiting new team members for the event. Currently my team has 5 members, and the event only has 63 participants. Last year at the same time the event had 175, so there has been a big push for teams to try recruiting new members. In terms of my progress regarding recruiting, I have recruited two new members in the past week, and hope to recruit more this coming week.
Also, these two weeks were important in terms of deciding the topic of our final presentations. On Friday in class we needed to tell Mr. P what the main topic of our speech would be. In the two weeks leading up to that day, I realized something. The idea I was going to make my speech about was boring. Also, I realized something about myself while working on my project, which is going to be the topic of my speech. How competition drives me as a form of motivation. I am really satisfied with this new topic, and it is going to make my presentation more interesting, both for me making it and the audience. In the past two weeks since I decided on the knew idea, I keep getting ideas that I am going to use in my project. For example, last Friday while brushing my teeth I thought of a story I am going to use in my project. I really like my new topic, and I believe it will make for an interesting presentation.
Also, GO UCONN!!!